The Mission of the Democratic Foundation of Orange County is to Elect Democrats in Orange County. This includes electing Democrats locally and seeing to it that statewide and nationwide candidates do well in Orange County.
Our members enjoy programs throughout the year featuring our Party’s most interesting and influential leaders. We have featured nationally recognized politicians, including:
- President Bill Clinton
- Vice-President Al Gore
- Governor Gavin Newsom
- Governor Gray Davis (ret.)
- US Senator Dianne Feinstein
- US Senator Barbara Boxer (ret.)
- US Senator Al Franken (ret.)
- US Senator Bernie Sanders
- Sacramento Mayor Darryl Steinberg
- Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon
- Assembly Speaker John Perez (ret.)
- State Treasurer Bill Lockyer (ret.)
- State Treasurer John Chiang (ret.)
- California State Controller Betty Yee
- Attorney General Xavier Becerra
- Congresswoman Loretta Sanchez (ret.)
- Congressman Lou Correa
- Congressman Mike Levin
- and many others.
DFOC members also have benefited from special access to the Democratic National Convention and the President’s Inauguration in Washington, DC.
What We Do
- Develop financial resources to support an active & effective Democratic Party in Orange County.
- Sponsor high-profile events to increase the visibility of Democrats and Democratic ideas.
- Provide a forum to develop and discuss political and public policy issues of local and national importance.
- Provide our members with introductions and access to local government, California and National Democratic leaders, as well as to leaders in labor and in business.