The Mission of the Democratic Foundation of Orange County is to Elect Democrats in Orange County. This includes electing Democrats locally and seeing to it that statewide and nationwide candidates do well in Orange County.
Our members enjoy programs throughout the year featuring our Party’s most interesting and influential leaders. We have featured nationally recognized politicians, including:
- President Bill Clinton
- Vice-President Al Gore
- Governor Gray Davis
- US Senator Dianne Feinstein
- US Senator Barbara Boxer
- US Senator Al Franken
- US Senator Bernie Sanders
- State Senate President Pro Tempore Darryl Steinberg
- Assembly Speaker John Perez
- Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom
- State Treasurer Bill Lockyer
- State Controller John Chiang
- Congressman Xavier Becerra
- Congresswoman Loretta Sanchez
- and many others.
DFOC members also have benefited from special access to the Democratic National Convention and the President’s Inauguration in Washington, DC.
What We Do
- Develop financial resources to support an active & effective Democratic Party in Orange County.
- Sponsor high-profile events to increase the visibility of Democrats and Democratic ideas.
- Provide a forum to develop and discuss political and public policy issues of local and national importance.
- Provide our members with introductions and access to local government, California and National Democratic leaders, as well as to leaders in labor and in business.